An ELCA pastor shares his thoughts about the Bible, spirituality, the world, and LGBT issues.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

On My Way to Churchwide Assembly

Hey Everyone,

This coming week my husband and I will be working with Goodsoil at the ELCA's Churchwide Assembly in Minneapolis, MN. Please keep me, as well as the ELCA delegates, in your prayers as we discuss some important issues relating to our LGBT members and clergy. On the table is a comprehensive sexuality statement as well as whether our denomination will create process for gay and lesbian clergy with partners to serve openly in our denomination. I'm hoping for the best so that I can serve openly and honestly. : )

I'm going to try and blog each day about my experience there as time and internet access permits. You can also follow what's happening through the Goodsoil web site as well as the ELCA's web site.

1 comment:

Neil said...

Prayer is not my forte but I'll try to remember. Good luck!