An ELCA pastor shares his thoughts about the Bible, spirituality, the world, and LGBT issues.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Still Recovering From Assembly


Ever since I returned from CWA in Minneapolis, I've been running nonstop. I'll be back to my regular posts next week. Here's a picture of Gary and me who led the Goodsoil Singers during CWA. We sang hymns and spiritual songs every morning from 7:00am to 8:00am as a way to greet the delegates, wrap them with grace, and remind them of our connectedness to God and to each other. It was REALLY early but was a powerful experience nonetheless. Some waved at us or gave us a big thumbs up sign. Some stood and sang with us for a verse or two. Others, sadly, looked straight ahead with a scowl on their faces. It's a shame that although we have differing opinions on matters of human sexuality that we could not always sing together with one voice. I promise to keep on singing until we can!

P.S. Gary, my husband, is on the far left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rev Eck,

Welcome to the world!! I read your blog all the time, and it's SO NICE to put a face with your words of wisdom. Welcome out indeed. (And yes, I've got a big ol' grin on my face too.)
Peace from Alaska,
Vicki

Rev. David Eck said...

Thanks for your support. It has been an amazing week needless to say. Coming out on my blog is only a small part of what is happening. Thank you for your support of my little corner of cyberspace. : )